10 Reasons Why You Should Adopt a Pet
Thinking of having a puppy that wags its tails and runs to you joyfully at your every beck and call? Or, thinking of having that cute little ball of fur called a kitten running about playfully in your house? Thinking about going to the nearby pet store to buy one? Stop your pet search then and there, and think, “Why should I spend my money on buying a pet when I have the option of adopting one?”
Makes sense, right?
Well, as you will see, besides saving your bucks, adopting a pet comes with tons of other advantages.
1. As mentioned above, pets for adoption generally cost less than the ones available for sale in pet shops.
2. A pet available for adoption may have already been trained to respond to basic commands like come, sit, go, etc., and hence it reduces the trouble of training them from scratch.
3. Pets available for sale in pet shops are reared for the purpose of selling, keeping profit in mind rather than the health of the pets and are therefore, often sick and behaviorally troubled. Pets for adoption are not reared for commercial purposes. They are available for adoption because their previous owners had to give them up due to certain unfortunate reasons for which the animals are not responsible. Since, before being available for adoption, they had an owner who took care of them, they are generally healthy and well behaved.
4. Pets for adoption come in every size, age, breed, and color and thus you get a wider variety to choose from.
5. Most pet shop owners keep the animals in horrible conditions and the elderly female animals are treated as breeding machines. They have no genuine concern for these animals. Without purchasing from them, you can feel self righteous as you have not given them a dime.
6. Most of the older animals available as pets for adoption have already been vaccinated. So you don’t have to bear the additional task of getting them vaccinated.
7. By adopting a pet, not only are you giving it a home, but also you are helping provide shelter to another homeless animal which will be taken in, in place of the animal you have adopted.
8. Having an animal as a pet has been found to be psychologically and emotionally beneficial to their companions. Not only this. The feeling that you have saved an animal by adopting it also gives you self-satisfaction and makes you feel proud of yourself.
9. When you adopt a pet from a pet shelter, they inform you in advance about the “do’s and don’ts” so that you become well aware of what your pet loves and what provokes it.
10. Last of all, you can brag in your social circles about having adopted a pet!
Now that you are convinced about the benefits of adopting a pet, make a pet search on the internet and find out the nearest pet shelter from which you can adopt your pet.
Pets are a blessing to humans. They act as great companions and great friends. So give them the love and care that they deserve.